Monday, June 21, 2010

Matthew 6:24

"No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."
Matthew 6:24

How many of my decisions are based on what will give me the most pleasure? the most prestige? the most power? Argh! Oh Lord save me, Your servant!

While my mind views God as great and glorious, my heart still chooses to chase after things, after ideas that I might be better, or to be real: better off. Oh God change my heart! Change me and cause me to seek after you above all things. Forgive the pretension that exudes from my attitudes and actions; from my words and from my plans. Oh God, enable me to see you as glorious as far superior to all the vain hopes. Kill the self within me that longs for that which mill make me comfortable and even for the pass times that give me an excuse to get through this whatever this is at the moment.

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about." Charles Kingsly

Oh Lord, be the One I am enthusiastic about.

Your loving son,
Pastor Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment