Friday, August 6, 2010

Ephesians 4:26-27

Ephesians 4:26-27 ESV

       Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, 27 and give no opportunity to the devil.

 

I have had nothing but frustrating computer problems this morning.  Every single time I've tried to do anything with my computer this delay then that delay. 

 

Then I was trying to get a chair to pull it to the (now 3rd computer that is on in our house this morning...argh!) and it got stuck and my heart displayed too much anger.  How can I look at my wife (who saw my inappropriate anger), how can I look at myself in the mirror (because I know my heart and because this is only a very small amount of the shameful attitudes and behavior I've proven myself capable of), how can I look at my God:  (nothing but the blood of Jesus).

 

Oh the shame.  Oh the guilt.  Oh the rightful fear of the Lord for my sin.

 

Oh the grace.  Oh the grace.  Oh the grace!

 

Praise You Father for forgiving my sin.

Praise You Son for securing that forgiveness.

Praise You Spirit for convicting my heart and leading me to life (2 Cor 7:10).

 

Living by grace through faith with you,

Pastor Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment