Thursday, August 19, 2010

Psalm 84:11

Today’s reading was Joshua 11-16, but I didn’t find anything to comment on there, so…

 

Psalm 84:11 ESV

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor.

No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.

 

“No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.”

What an amazing promise!  What kind of God do we serve?  One who blesses the undeserving!  This is the God who cannot look upon wickedness; yet for those who serve Him, for those who have been chosen by Him, for those whom Christ has paid the penalty for their sins: for those, God doesn’t withhold anything good.

 

What about when life hurts?

 

Isaiah 38:17 ESV

Behold, it was for my welfare that I had great bitterness;

but in love you have delivered my life from the pit of destruction,

for you have cast all my sins behind your back.

 

Again, How amazing is that!  Even when I have ‘great bitterness’ I know that God does it for my good!  Praise Jesus! 

 

Psalm 37:4 ESV

Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

 

How can we not praise Him?  How can we forget Him who benefits us day and night?  How can we neglect such a great salvation?

 

Praise You Father for Your overwhelming promises!

Praise You Son that all of God’s promises find their amen in You!

Praise You Spirit for placing in my heart praise for You!

 

Trusting in the promises along with you,

Pastor Greg

1 comment:

  1. It totally baffles me that God loves me as much as He does. Being a sinner and worthy of nothing good, I can't believe I've been saved by Christ's blood, AND that He blesses me beyond that! It seems eternal salvation and security would've been more enough, a truly phenomenal gift as it is...but He just keeps on giving! Praise Jesus indeed! Thanks for the reminder Greg.

    ReplyDelete