Saturday, July 24, 2010

7-21-10

 

Psalm 119:5-6

"Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes! Then I shall not be put to shame, having my eyes fixed on all your commandments."

 

Oh Lord, my heart is so fickle.  I am so easily distracted from following after you and towards things like catching fish.  Lord, keep my heart steadfast; make me steadfast in following Your law.  Give me grace oh Lord lest I die!

 

Oh Lord, let not Your servant be put to shame.  Let not my sins rule over me; rather, give me fixed eyes on Your commandments.  Lord, give me grace so that when others do revile me it will not be because of my sin, but it will be because they hate Your law.  Let me not hate your Law.  Let me not live as an atheist because I am functionally living apart from You.

 

Father, grace!

Son, mercy!

Spirit, love!

 

Your servant,

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment