Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hebrews 1:14

Hebrews 1:14 ESV

"Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?"

 

Not every passage in Scripture is as clear as a mountain stream.  Take the duty of angels.  They are working to do every word the Lord commands; and apparently He commands them concerning us.

 

Psalm 91:11ESV 

For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

 

This verse is famously misquoted by Satan, but gives hope to many to know that God has issued a special detail to guard us.  Of course, I think this is more concerning us walking more closely with God than with protecting us from car crashes, but the very next verse seems to indicate that as well...

 

Very amazing to me is the off hand comment by Paul:

 

1 Corinthians 6:3 ESV

"Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!"

 

Praise Jesus for angels, I don't understand them; I bet they understand me though...and I know that all things God does is for His glory and for my good.

 

Praise You Father that Your servants are so awesome!

Praise You Son that You are infinitely higher even than they!

Praise You Spirit that You move them at Your will!

 

Serving along with angels with you,

Pastor Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment