Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ezekiel 20:44

Ezekiel 20:44 ESV

     And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I deal with you for my name's sake, not according to your evil ways, nor according to your corrupt deeds, O house of Israel, declares the Lord GOD."

 

I chose this verse because Ezekiel 20 is a chapter of judgment.  God explains at least 5 times that he is going to make it known that "I am the Lord." The Israelite leaders had come to Ezekiel 'to inquire of the Lord'.  God said, 'Nothing doing!'  You don't really want to know what I'm saying, you've been ignoring me all along."  But, God says, I'll tell you something anyway, you're getting judged because you're ignoring me, well, go to your idols because I'm not going to let you blaspheme my name any more!"

 

Near the end, but not before all His words of judgment are done, God declares: "And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I deal with you for my name's sake, not according to your evil ways, nor according to your corrupt deeds, O house of Israel, declares the Lord GOD."

 

Amen, and Amen!  What more could we ask of God than that???  Praise Jesus for GRACE!

 

Praise You Father, that in the midst of judgment You provide words of grace.

Praise You Son, that You accepted the final judgment against us that we might be free to live.

Praise You Spirit, that You reveal to us this grace through Your Word.

 

Living in the midst of Grace with you,

Pastor Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment