Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Psalm 9:19-20

Proverbs 12:19

Ezekiel 5:11

Psalm 9:19-20 ESV

Arise, O LORD! Let not man prevail; let the nations be judged before you! 20 Put them in fear, O LORD! Let the nations know that they are but men! Selah

Psalm 3:7 ESV

Arise, O LORD! Save me, O my God! For you strike all my enemies on the cheek; you break the teeth of the wicked.

Psalm 7:6 ESV

Arise, O LORD, in your anger; lift yourself up against the fury of my enemies; awake for me; you have appointed a judgment.

Psalm 10:12 ESV

Arise, O LORD; O God, lift up your hand; forget not the afflicted.

Psalm 17:13 ESV

Arise, O LORD! Confront him, subdue him! Deliver my soul from the wicked by your sword,

Psalm 132:8 ESV

Arise, O LORD, and go to your resting place, you and the ark of your might.

 

Having read this phrase now 3 times very recently I decided to look it up.  I didn’t leave in the 3 times it occurs outside the psalms.

 

Here’s the thing: praise Jesus that God invites us to ask Him to act.  God knows that there is much we cannot do with out Him (is there anything we can do with out Him???).  In most of the cases above, the arising has to do with asking for individual help.  God is not above rescuing His children.  So, let us call out on Him and call for Him to arise!

 

Praise You Father that You will rescue Your children.

Praise You Son that You rescued us already.

Praise You Spirit that You rescue us daily!

 

Trusting in God’s rescue with you,

Pastor Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment