Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Proverbs 26:13-16

Proverbs 26:13-16 ESV

The sluggard says, "There is a lion in the road! There is a lion in the streets!"

14 As a door turns on its hinges, so does a sluggard on his bed.

15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish; it wears him out to bring it back to his mouth.

16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes than seven men who can answer sensibly.

 

The sluggard is one who refuses to work even for his own benefit.  The sluggard is one who is a willing conspirator against his own welfare.  The sluggard is one who ultimately destroys the fabric that makes up a community, a culture, and a society.  The sluggard is the one who has made our Republic the welfare state it is.  Forgive us Father.

 

The sluggard is always afraid; he finds any excuse to withdraw and pull back instead of taking the bull by the horns.

The sluggard is always tired; and uses that as an excuse not to accomplish that which he need to accomplish.

The sluggard is always lazy; and he refuses to go to his garden, to clean his toilet, to do the work that must be done merely to survive.

The sluggard is always haughty; and he refuses to listen to good advice.

 

Oh Father, forgive me for the characteristics I see here in my own heart.

Oh Son, bless me with the grace I need to fight the sluggard within me.

Oh Spirit, grant me to follow hard after Your grace so that I may not be ashamed.

 

Fighting the sickness of the age with you,

Pastor Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment