Friday, September 17, 2010

1 Chronicles 17:18

1 Chronicles 17:18

And what more can David say to you for honoring your servant? For you know your servant.

 

David responded correctly: "what can I say about your blessing/honoring...you know what I'm like"!?

 

Amazing Grace.  A man of blood.  Eventually a man of murder and adultery (which God knew about before David did!).  And nevertheless, God blesses David not just a little: but forever:

 

1 Chronicles 17:17

And this was a small thing in your eyes, O God. You have also spoken of your servant's house for a great while to come, and have shown me future generations, O LORD God!

 

And while it is true that God did this honoring/blessing 'for' David; God used not only his 'narrow lens' by seeing what good that honoring would do for David himself and his family: God used also his 'wide lense' by seeing what good that blessing would do for the world by bringing 'David's Son', Jesus Christ.

 

BTW: it is interesting to me in vs 17 how David says You 'have shown me future generations, O Lord God'.  What was that vision or dream like?  How was it that Nathan presented it to David?  What did Nathan see?  Wow!  I can't wait to see my Lord and God!  Praise Jesus.  I'm going to talk to Nathan and find out!

 

Praise You Father for Your promises that extend to all people.

Praise You Son for validating those promises.

Praise You Spirit for speaking kind words to Your servant.

 

Trusting the promises with you,

Pastor Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment