Saturday, September 4, 2010

1 Kings 14:13

1 Kings 14:13

And all Israel shall mourn for him and bury him, for he only of Jeroboam shall come to the grave, because in him there is found something pleasing to the LORD, the God of Israel, in the house of Jeroboam.

 

The Lord had just finished curing Jeroboam because he had forsaken the Lord.  Now the blessing God was to give Jeroboam's son was an early death 'because in him there is found something pleasing to the Lord'.

 

God will bless those who are godly in ways that may seem strange to us.  But in the end 'God works all things for the good of those who love Him.'  Amen. 

 

God the Father, give me mercy even when that mercy must be severe.

God the Son, give me grace though it kill me.

God the Spirit, give me love though it break my heart.

 

Trusting God in spite of our eyes,

Pastor Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment