Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1 Kings 21:20

1 Kings 21:20 ESV

Ahab said to Elijah, "Have you found me, O my enemy?" He answered, "I have found you, because you have sold yourself to do what is evil in the sight of the LORD.

 

Ahab was the most wicked king up to his time.  Elijah was a constant thorn in his side.  But here, Elijah greeted the king ‘you have sold yourself to do what is evil’.

 

To me the interesting thing is ‘sold yourself’.  Obviously he (consciously or unconsciously) ‘sold’ made a specific decision to do evil instead of good.  God gave him the opportunity to do the good and he refused.  Now, the wages of sin being death, Ahab (which translated means ‘love’…interesting) made a bad deal.

 

The next time you are faced with a decision to serve God or serve evil: make the right choice.

 

Praise You Father for choosing me.

Praise You Son for redeeming me.

Praise You Spirit for strengthening me.

 

Selling my heart to God with you,

Pastor Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment